Monday, September 16, 2013

San Francisco June 7, 2013

Among my bucket list is the Golden Gate Bridge. But before we got to it, we were driving through San Francisco and found the Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory! Wonder if Willie Wonka was written because of this or the other way around? LOL. It takes up a whole block.

Coming in from the side.
Entry into one of the stores. They
gave out free chocolate!!!


In the middle of the factory is
this wonderful plaza and fountain.
Mermaids and turtles!
By the restaurant.

We ate outside at Lori's Diner
with chocolate for dessert, of course!

I want to remember this cute way to give presents in a glass!
Then we had chocolate milkshakes. Enough already!!!!
From the porch we could see the bay.
And the Bay Ferry.
Looked like a sailboat race!
Further off is Alcatraz
in the fog.

We couldn't leave San Francisco
without seeing the tour buses.
Note the bag, "I Love SF"
And the famous trolley. We have
driven over the tracks many times.

We traveled over The Golden Gate Bridge so fast, we didn't get any photos. It was shorter than I expected and I was surprised at how many people were walking in the walkways along the edge. All and all, it was a great experience and I'm so happy to say I have crossed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment