Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Apricot Festival in Patterson, CA June 1, 2013

Marion and I were invited to stay with a friend in Turlock, California. California has 2 major highways that run north and south through the middle of the state. I-5 is the larger one and it continues all the way to Canada. US 99 runs parallel and I was on 99 when I went to Lemoore and it's closer to Yosemite. So it was a fun place to stop and see her as we left Yosemite.
Much to our delight, the Apricot Festival was in another small town in the San Juaquin Valley about 16 miles from Turlock.
Welcome to the Apricot
Capital of the World!!!
YUM!!!!! Let's start with dessert!


We did not try the
Deep Fried Alligator

Lots of people crowded the
town square and several blocks around.


Inside was the photography
competition. I would have voted
for this photo of Yosemite!!!
We met this photographer
and admired her photo of
the Golden Gate at night!
Long lines for food of all
kinds. We ate Filipino
Lumpia, a kind of egg roll.
It was VERY good!!!
I tried to catch the cute little train the kids are riding in.

The Lion's Club had BBQ Chicken!
I hope you can see the racks of chicken
halves. They were very efficient not
only with the cooking but the serving.
This was our lunch.
One or two? Two of course!
Live Music!
Street vendors of all kinds.
I bought his CD.
The town clock!
 It was a fun and 101 degrees hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment