Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Charles Schulz Museum, Santa Rosa, CA June 8, 2013

Not knowing my geography very well, I didn't know Santa Rosa is also in Wine Country and if you travel east, you will be in Napa and Sonoma. We found the best boutique in a post office!!! Or rather I should say, a post office in a boutique!
Our next surprise was that Charles Schulz lived here and we visited the Museum and gift shop.
http://schulzmuseum.org/
Between the museum and the gift shop is an ice rink!!!! It was so much fun eating lunch and watching the skaters. The little girls had tutu skirts and held Daddy's hand as they tried to walk rather than glide. I must confess that I have never ice skated in my life, growing up in the south, and this is one thing I will not try in my old age. I gave up roller skating many years ago. It's just too hard to fall anymore.
More than just a museum, a research center, too.
I guess if the Doctor is IN,
the Museum is OPEN!
Snoopy and his doghouse
are to the right of the door.
Inside the front door is Woodstock!
Lucy is one of the figures behind.
Lucy.
A whole wall made out of
tiny cartoons.
Our first stop. LOL
There is a strip of cartoons
along the wall over the sinks.


Charles Schultz's desk where he drew.
The front room used in the comics.
LOL
The bench shows how large this is.
No doubt about where to go!
Looking down. The picture
is room length. Upstairs showed
the evolution of the characters.

Tribute to the Peanut's films.
Doors to an outside garden.
Charlie Brown the builder.
Linus and his blanky.
"Two Liquid Light" A mirrored
hologram reflects the sunlight!
Come join us on the bench
and have a cookie!!!!

There is so much more to the museum.
I highly encourage everyone to visit.

Speaking of cookies, it's time for lunch across the street!
Cafe and Ice Rink! There is a fountain where I am standing.

Joe Cool in top hat!
Charlie Brown ready for the Ice!!
Just love the name.
Eating from dog bowls!
So much fun to watch while we eat.
All the characters! Let's party!

Now the the most fun of all,
the gift shop!
Woodstock
Is this fun or what? The Red Baron rules!
The stained glass you
can see on the outside.

The stairs and the walls are covered
in cartoon carpet!
Snoopy and Woodstock are
walking on the handrail.


Snoopy the Scout!
Lucy.
I remember this!
What collectors will buy!!
This is only a sample of
all the dinnerware.

Just outside the museum is an interesting labyrinth. It was more like a figure eight and I enjoyed walking through the tall grasses.
And some large rocks at different places to rest.
The path is quite large
as you can see it is
about 3 or 4 of my feet wide.

So we say good-bye with many happy memories.

1 comment: