Monday, September 16, 2013

Berkeley, CA June 6, 2013

Berkeley is on Marion's bucket list and no argument from me. We tried to find the campus book store but it was under construction. Parking was difficult, so we passed by the temporary one and just looked. It is an interesting community of all nationalities, classes both rich and poor, hippie and yippie, and they all seemed to get along while standing in lines and finding parking places. Giving pedestrians the right away is a challenge and they start across in front of the car without looking. After almost hitting a few of them, Marion asked me to drive. Since I've been in California quite a while, I seemed to have the hang of waiting.
Jane Palmer suggested we check out a book store and we got a parking place right in front!!!
Castles in the Air
Bette's for Lunch.
We were greeted by
this wonderful tree!
It's a small store but so full of fun things
to see and practical things for art and
bookmaking. I found a tiny set of pencils
for Mary Ann Miller in time to go to France.

I have a glass bell so
I loved looking at these.
So much to see!


It's not a cigarette, but a pen!!!
Edgar Allan Poe lives on!!
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."
Yes, I did spend too much for this.
Aren't these the cutest gnomes?

And this one is a table top!!!


A way to keep your silk
flowers clean without dusting!
Love the note,
rather notebook
in the bottle!
Close by was homemade
candy. It's hard to pick one!

A Boutique down the street was
just as exciting. I got Skylar
a piece of jewelry here.
We also visited Crate and Barrel Outlet and bought some material out of the scrap barrel for my friend in Turlock who makes quilts. I spent more on the mailing than I paid. But that is not the end of the story. She sent the material to me in Florida by mistake and Catherine sent it back to her!!! It's going to be an expensive quilt. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are wonderful, Carolyn! I sure wish I'd known about these places when we were out there in 2006, but your 'tour' almost makes me feel like I've been there. Thank you!
    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete