Thursday, March 7, 2013

St. Matthew's Episcopal Church Feb 24, 2013

I'm staying in San Diego Navy Gateway Inn on the "dry side". I've never seen a base with 34+ gates. It took me a week to find my way around! It's a very nice room and the laundry is across the sidewalk. I want to catch up on this blog, so I'm not going out very much. The Internet service fades in an out and I'm going through 2,722 of mine, Mary Ann's, Catherine's and Skylar's photos! It's a good thing I have lots of patience. I did get to church both Sunday's, a Friday Stations of the Cross, and I got to know the people of the church family. They participate in the Stations and a soup meal every Friday night during Lent.
Built in 1887.
Today it has
multilingual services.
Timbers were brought around
 the Horn. Construction is
of California Redwood.
Me with the Prayer book
in English and Spanish

Fr. Peter who is from the
Philippines and lived
10 yrs in Columbus, MS.
The Bible is propped on a pillow
on the altar.

National City, CA
is by the Base
Stations of the Cross Friday
night with lentil soup
and a Philippine soup with
shrimp and fishballs.
Both were really good.

Alcove
Looking from the Altar. There is a balcony.
The alcove is on the left near the rear.
Can't you just see the spirit alive and well here?

No comments:

Post a Comment