Saturday, March 2, 2013

Carolyn's Car

    One of the most fun things about my sharing on my pilgrimage, people will hear that I am going from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, cruise through the Panama Canal, and land in San Diego, California. Then I will travel northward to Vancouver, B.C. in July and home in December. I can almost hear their minds processing the trip and usually will ask, "and how are you going to get your car?"
    During the 2 years of preparing for this trip, I explored many ways for transportation. I talked to many people for suggestions. Renting a car was out of the question. The big decision was whether to take a 10 year old car with 140,00 miles or buy a new one? Perhaps even buy a new one in California?
    The final answer was to use Auto Transport, the large auto carriers that not only carry new cars but my old one, too. I have faithfully kept my Buick Century in good shape with every 3,000 mile check-ups and kept up the maintenance as needed. I will continue the schedule on the trip. It runs well and gets between 25 - 30 miles to the gallon. Catherine and Don gave me On-Star for Christmas to keep me safe. And the big factor is, if for some unknown and unplanned reason I have to fly home, it's no big deal to sell it and return home without worry or loss.
Leaving Jacksonville, Florida
The carrier could not get under all the oak trees on my street
so Don had to drive it to another location for pick-up.
Arrival in Coronado, California!
Of course it couldn't come on base,
so we had to meet the carrier nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment