Monday, March 4, 2013

Sedona Feb 12, 2013

Our first stop in Sedona was at the Park Service to get maps and road information for it had snowed on the mountains earlier this week. This is bear country and bear warnings were common.
Carol and Ed have visited here many times so they knew exactly where to go and they seemed to enjoy it as much as I did seeing it for the first time. My many thanks for their generous hospitality.

Red Rocks of Sedona. Breathless splendor!
All the rock formations have names.

Snoopy, of course!











Glad I don't have to pronounce "Tlaquepaque"
Lunch was delightful and the cafe will be more
enjoyable in the summer. They had blankets
draped over the backs of chairs and I used mine!
Holy Cross Chapel

Welcome in!

The beautiful altar












We only went part way
up the mountain.

On the way down the mountain
I got this great photo op.
It's one of my many favorite photos.
One last stop on the
way home at Rock Springs.

Yum!

1 comment: