Tuesday, March 5, 2013

General Patton Museum Feb 15, 2013

I was heading to Los Angeles along I-10 and about half way,  I stopped in the Mojave desert at the General George Patton Museum in Chiriaco Summit, CA. He needed a place to train his tank command and chose this isolated place in 1942 because there was a small water supply. It became a large training command and in the 2 years of operation, trained over 1 million servicemen and women. Although he was only there four months, his presence is still felt in the museum. Before I met Charlie I had a couple of dates with an Army guy who was in tanks. Guess I have always been drawn to adventure and risk taking.
General George Patton

Room sized map was made in 1920.
The pink is San Diego to Los Angeles











There were areas dedicated to each war.

Each faith is represented









Well done.

.45L Ivory Handle Colt
like Patton carried.











Trust me, I looked!

Outdoor chapel on base.


Amphibian DUKW-353
Otherwise knows as DUCK

One of the many tanks
representing many years
of technology.







No comments:

Post a Comment