Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sea Life March 14, 2013

Next door to Legoland is an aquarium with a separate entry. I decided to do them on different days. The lighting was not helpful in taking photos, so I am surprised at how many shots I got and I  hope you enjoy them with me. Website for more information: SEA LIFE

The hotel was right of Legoland entry.
Sealife is left of Legoland entry.
I was just in time for the feeding of
the Octopus. They put the food in
a Mr. Potatohead so the octopus
had to figure out how to get to it.
After the crowds left, I couldn't get
a photo of the octopus curled up
and happily fed.
But I made up for it to catch the eel
out from it's hiding place.




Starfish of many colors.

Great shot of anemones.


Educational tools
all around the aquarium.

This is the real giant crab but it didn't
have much room to move around.




As you can see the displays
use bright colored lights
and are pretty dark.
I tried to use different settings
on my camera, but the fish still
are unnatural colors.
This was a fantastic display! The
fish were moving so fast, I
couldn't get a photo of them.
And I got movies of sharks
traveling overhead!

They had a large window looking into
a huge aquarium and bleachers to
hear the talk on feeding the fish. 
Love this photo of the lady looking
into the top of the same tank that's the
bottom of the tank in the photo on the left.

Got a great photo of this
starfish even if the color
is from the lights.

I gave up trying to get the fish
and much to my surprise got this
lion fish.


More examples of the displays
and the educational tools.
This fills a whole room so this
small photo does not do it justice.
Upstairs was a display that we
we could touch! This one is a
chocolate chip starfish! Yummm!
This is in real light, the little feet
really are purple, looking for food.

Soooo cute!
This display is in the lunch
room and I ate out on the
patio that had real Legos
for the kids to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment