Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Oceanside Museum March 14, 2013

I was only in Sea Life until mid-afternoon and needed to find a bank, so I stopped in Oceanside. Behind the bank was the Museum and much to my surprise and delight there was an exhibit of Jim Hubbell's art!!!! He is the artist from Julian and  I learned about him in Camp Stevens. Serendipity does seem to run parallel to my life. The captions are taken from the museum signs.
I had plenty of time to look at the
exhibits and enjoy the gift shop.

Eyes tell us what we think we know
the shadow what we yearn to know.

Entrance
Forged iron and brass
on slate and wood base
c. 1995
A gate is like a preface to a
novel, or a prelude to a piece
of music. It is the introduction
to the story of the garden and
hints at what is to come.
Caia's Cave
Glam laminated forged
silver, river cobblestones
and glass c. 1980
In the Beginning
Bronze casting
c. 1990


Artist #2


Tea Time
Oil on canvas
c. 1957
Death of a Sparrow
Mixed media 1964
Artists #3
Synesthesia: Manifestations of Energy
Paintings by Ellen Salk
Sound by Christopher Adler
Pencil and Acrylic on Paper 2012
Gift Shop
I wonder what happened
to my Mother's old brownie?

No comments:

Post a Comment