Friday, April 26, 2013

San Pedro, CA St. Peter's Espiscopal Church April 9, 2013

We lived in San Pedro, CA from summer of 1977 until Summer 1979 when we moved to Jacksonville. It was the only time in Charlie's career that we lived in Navy housing.

When I meet the priest for St. Peter's, she said "Welcome to the most beautiful stained glass in the world." I stepped into the door and caught my breath for the whole sanctuary was breathless!

From the floor
to the ceiling!
Close up of the center.

I've never seen Jesus
hanging like this before.
It was very hard
to take photos of these
side windows as there
was too much light.
Even more
colorful
in person.

Close-up.

This organ is so tall
I had to take two photos.
The top.

This beautiful mosaic was sorta
hidden behind the lectern.
Keys to the
Kingdom.
Journey to a
new world.
This banner is enlarged
in my photo.

Another organ in the side room.
The little blue banner is
Daughter's of the King.
And there were
more.

St. Peter's set high up on a hill from the street. Perhaps
you can get a better idea of how large the stained
glass window is from this outside view.

1 comment: