Monday, April 1, 2013

Legoland Part 1 March 12, 2013

Returning to the California Coast, I came back US 78 to Oceanside which is in North San Diego County. I thought Duval County was large, but San Diego and Los Angeles Counties are large, too. I had a delightful stay at the Marine Base Camp Pendleton.
This courtyard and the front courtyard
were graced with fountains
and pottery and flowers.
First time for me,
a "sensor" key 
Welcome to Legoland! The Hotel
is right next door to the entry.
The Legoland Hotel will open in
April 2013.
The elephant spouted real water.
Look at the splash in the water.

Stand on the circle outside the boat
and the musical instrument plays!
The kids had a great time jumping
from spot to spot and made
fun and fantastic music!
This is a fun ride for 1 - 4 year olds.
A great skit on fire safety.
They danced, jumped, and
interacted with the audience.
What to do and what
NOT to do!!!!
More music!
I watched this little girl for a
long time. She went to every
spout and turned around and around.
I ate at the Garden.
Fresh Panini, salads
and soups.
I had just eaten so I didn't buy any
apple fries made out of Granny
Apples. They look like French Fries.
If they are more healthy, I don't know.
I tried to come back in the park another
day just to get some fries, but they
wouldn't let me!! LOL
This statue was
2 stories high!!!
More blooming fruit trees!
San Diego has micro-climates.
It can be 10 degrees warmer within
a few miles. Depends on which hill
or which valley and how far from
the coast.
Glad I didn't see one of these when
I was in the desert!
More interaction. Press the button on
the post and the farm animal makes sounds.
There were lots of rides and slides and a water park for the big kids. They weren't made of Lego blocks so I didn't take their photo. I had a great time here. There is something here for everybody, every age.

No comments:

Post a Comment