Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Temecula, CA and the week of my birthday April 26, 2013


I am so excited to stay a week with a long time friend I met in San Pedro when we lived there in 1977-1979. Delores helped me during a desperate time in my life. We had lost touch when our husbands became ill about ten years ago. Now we are both widows and I hope she could see how far I have come since those days. She still inspires me and it was fun to talk about old times.

On the way I stopped in the quaint town of Temecula in wine country.
Enjoyed browsing around the antiques.
Rosa's Cantina for lunch.
I don't know much about Mexican food,
so I asked for the same as a
customer in front of me.
And it was good!
Across the street from Rosa's.
MS. Chievous Dress Store!
I understand wine tasting, but Olive Oil tasting?
 Temecula is a very small town out in the desert, so I was surprised to find this beautiful courthouse and wonderful fountain. The photos don't do it justice.

Looking up the street
at the fountain
and the courthouse.
Part of the fountain and down the street.
Fun Scandinavian Viking Imports!!
I bought Swedish tea leaves.
Gate going out of Temecula. The blue
sign is to a history museum I didn't
go into! Different for me!!!! LOL
The next day I was with Delores at El Pollo Loco, another Mexican cafe. Two days of Mexican food in a row for me is most unusual. I still don't know what to order, so I tried the special and it was good. Then we went for a little self care. I want a chair like that!!!!
The Crazy Chicken!
Yes, very good.
Delores at L.A. Nails
I got a massage AND pedicure!
We went shopping.
This is what they do with all the
things they buy... sell them to us!
Didn't buy anything, though.
And a walk thru the park.
Saw lots of rabbits!
Her granddog.

No comments:

Post a Comment