Saturday, May 11, 2013

St. Paul's Episcopal Cathedral, San Diego April 19, 2013

As I was wandering around the beautiful sanctuary and taking some time to pray, I was invited to Eucharist by an extraordinary welcoming lady priest. I felt at home instantly as I often go to Jacksonville's Episcopal Cathedral's noon Eucharist. There was only a handful of us for a truly Holy time. The healing part of the service was powerful and I floated a little higher that day.
St. Paul's Episcopal Cathedral
2728 Sixth Avenue
One of many entrances.
Along the side of the church is
purple heather in an ecological
garden for San Diego's dry climate.
And these delicate flowers.
I was lucky to find a parking place
right in front of the courtyard.
Welcome!
In the hall to the sanctuary
is my old friend from L.A.
John August Swanson's art.
Awesome! I felt like I
was in Europe.

Simple and ornate at the
same time?
I can just hear sermons of sadness and joy.
Banner

Yes, I am fascinated by kneelers. Most
surprised that this was not needlepoint
but a softly woven fabric.
So much more beautiful
than this pitiful photo.
A little better but in real
life MUCH better.
On the left
On the right
I don't know this patron Saint.
Hummm, I forgot to look for the pipes!
This organ must be a joy to play.
Read about the Organ Restoration
and check out the photo gallery.

To the right of the altar and back a little is a small chapel where we had the Eucharist.
How do they do it?
More simple and ornate.

Kneelers of brocade.


Over the altar.
With it's own organ.

No comments:

Post a Comment