Monday, May 27, 2013

Swallows at Lake Elsinor Lamb's Fellowship, Canyon Lake, CA April 28, 2013

I was in Capistrano on St. Joseph's Day when the the swallows were supposed to return. Capistrano is now well populated and the swallows nest under some of the interstate viaducts, but not in the numbers of the past. The Mission has hired experts to try to lure them back. Many ideas have been tried, including mating calls, odors, nests and more.
Imagine my surprise when we drove up to Delores' church and swallows were everywhere!
Lamb's Fellowship Church
Swallows are smaller than I expected.
The swallows were flying around
so fast I didn't catch them in the air.
Mud nests
And more.

As I was talking photos of the swallows, several people from the church asked me if I'd like to take the swallows with me because they are so messy! 
Messy

Then I noticed the fake owls and
eagles they mounted on the roof!

After a ton of praise music, prayers, and a dynamic sermon:





Sermon included breaking the clay pot!
Looking out.
Electronic media.
In the front on the road
In the back, a beautiful fountain.
And an amphitheater.

No comments:

Post a Comment