Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cambria, CA and Hearst Castle May 2, 2013

I'm visiting my new friends, Bob and Beth who live in Cambria, CA. Their home is 2 blocks from the ocean and I walked to a delightful field with benches on the edge to sit, meditate, and view the ocean in all it's splendor. It's rather noisy as it hits the rocks and spews into the air, retreats, and comes again in it's own rhythm that I do not fathom. Why are some waves quiet and some quite ferocious? Seems like there is always a fog or mist over the coast. Sometimes below the high places.
Cambria on the Pacific Ocean
Wildflowers
Wild and Cute
Wild
The empty field
To the Ocean
Large waves
And small waves.
The next day I visited Hearst Castle! A bucket list place. It was more than I ever dreamed and can show in photos. However, something didn't sit well with me. Too much money for one family.
The hills to Hearst Castle
On the ocean, I passed by this gate.
Not to far up, this welcome center,
gift shop, museum, and place
to catch the bus to the top.

Framed photo of Hearst Family
Framed photo of Castle in the mist
Framed photo of Mrs. Hearst
Framed photo of Mr. Hearst
Loved the gift shop and spent way
too much money. LOL
However there were a few things
I didn't buy. I'm showing them
here. They had night lights with
the fringe that almost made it.
And the tiles would look great over my
kitchen sink. But, NO... too heavy.
Reminded me of the lamp shades in Sweden.
Love the rabbit and flowers.
Tiles in the Hearst floor.
I'm glad I didn't buy them
now that I look again
after the fact. <smile>
The windy road to the top.

In a bus like this one.
Hearst at one time had zoo animals
roaming the hillsides much to
everyone's delight.

First Impression.
Up beautiful steps.

The frontyard.


The backyard.



Statue
Statue
Statue
More statues everywhere!

Tour inside the living room.

Dining room.


Pool room with 2 tables!!

His own theater!


Oh, what a beautiful pool!
View of the ocean from the side.
I like this pot.

The tennis courts with a view!


Indoor pool. Beauty to the max!
Statues and stairs of marble!
On the way down the hill, I saw this deer, or, maybe
it's an eland remaining from the original herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment