Saturday, February 23, 2013

Huatulco, Mexico Jan 27, 2013


 OK, if I can remember how to pronounce this city, it sounds like Waau Tul' Co. All four of us took the Country Tour and got to see little towns away from the port city. It was Sunday and we passed a church in the middle of their service. I wanted to be in two places at once and stay for the service and go on the tour. So I went on the tour and then spent some time meditating alone in the church.

Coming into port at Huatulco, Mexico

Pelicans



Cactus Farm
It was amazing to see the farmer cut a "pod",
slice, and offer it to us to taste.
They had this cactus salad and
a plate of scrambled eggs and cactus
I think my face says it all.
I wasn't very happy with the taste.
Another community was textiles and baskets.
I bought a shawl. She said they use it for
warmth and twisted in a circle and placed on her
head to hold jars as the women walk.
There was a basket made just the
right size for tortillas.
Another village sold tequila
and showed us how the grandma
makes tortillas and we got a burrito. 
Isn't this a lovely little church.

The Altar

The church has no walls!
Then back to our ship,
the Holland America Statendam,
another favorite photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment