Monday, August 26, 2013

San Francisco Airport May 15, 2013

Today is one of those points in my trip, to pick up my friend Marion from Jacksonville, FL. We have traveled together before and I look forward to having her with me the next couple of months. While waiting on her flight, I checked out the SFO Airport Museum.
This says it all!
I have one photo of the trams
and one of an airplane landing
but not both in the same photo!!!

Like every other airport. LOL

In the hall.
Bay Area Art by Joyce Kozloff, 1982


A huge globe taller than me.
The whole museum is about Pan Am
United and American Airlines.
All kinds of interesting info.
and More!
China Clipper, the briefcase.
China Clipper, the plane.


China Clipper China
American Airlines China

I collected stamps. Wonder if I have
this one? Just maybe...

Upstairs was filled with books, both
children's and adult volumes.
"My Easy-to-Read True Book of
Airports and Airplanes" 1956
Southern Cross
United Airlines Mainliner

The whole room
from above.
Adult books in every alcove.
Each window has stewardess' uniforms.

The men's uniforms on this side.

I hope you can see how beautiful this museum is. They had some kind of meeting here earlier in the day and while I was there, they started removing the chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment